Tuesday, June 1, 2010

New Release Day!!!

Hello & Happy Tuesday!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!!

Today is New Release Tuesday at Bugaboo Stamps and I am so happy to show you one of Jodie's newest creations. This new set is called Giraffe Blocks and can be found at the here Bugaboo Store. I LOVE giraffes, I find them so fascinating. I was lucky enough to get to feed one at the San Diego Wild Animal Park, it was so fun!!! I couldn't believe how large it's head and tongue were!!

I chose to use this "block" to use today because it reminds me of a parent & child. That is also why I used the Joy sentiment too. When I think of my daughter and I, the feeling that comes to mind is joy.




This picture of my card looks so much lighter than the original, sorry about that. I will see if I can fix it or get a better one. To go with my Giraffes, I pulled out my Basic Grey Origins line...I still love it!!! The image is colored with Copics then die cut with my scalloped rectangle from Spellbinders. Then I matted it with Dp and then cardstock. I stamped the sentiment (Unity) on coordinating cardstock then matted that on a piece of border punched paper. This is actually a pretty simple card because I wanted the image to stand out with the beautiful Basic Grey papers.

THANK YOU for stopping, Be sure to go to the Bugaboo Store with the link above to see the other six blocks in the set.
Have a great day!!!
{HUGZ}
Jodi

4 comments:

Catherine said...

What a gorgeous card Jodi ! I love the soft colours and this new digi is really fab ! Smiles from Catherine

Jodie Mackrell said...

Great card Jodi! I actually love the softness of it! you can find it featured on the Bugaboo giraffe stamps page!

Rae Anne said...

Congratulations on having your card featured in the web store. . .;) I cannot get enough of this Basic Grey paper either - It's just perfect for this "jungle love" image. . .:D MWAH!

Marilyn said...

You've done a fabulous job on this card & I love it!