Monday, May 24, 2010

The Wild Flower Patch Fluttering with Card Patterns

Today I have a card I made with a beautiful digi stamp from The Wild Flower Patch. Her name is Poppy and I love her expression as she looks out her window at the flowers (& added butterfly)....she is truly an all time favorite of mine and I know I will put her to use quite a bit.






The image is colored with Copics, and then I cut out the window box and flowers several times so I could add dimension. I used pop-dots on the entire flower box and then the top row of flowers are popped up from there. I used supplies from my March Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients, everything but the Kaisercraft Pearls. The Dp is from the Crate Paper Brook line, and aren't those butterflies from the kit adorable??!!!

I actually made this card for 3 challenges!!! I usually make a card for only 1 or 2, but I was up very late last night ...and on the computer...so I found all 3 of these and thought it might work.

First, I used the card sketch from Card Patterns Sketch #65.

Second is the Challenge from The Wild Flower Patch to distress, which I did on all of the straight edges of my card.

Third is Flutter By Wednesday's #110, to use flowers with the butterfly.

Well, I hope you like my card with the beautiful Poppy!!! In case you didn't already see it, check out my post from Saturday about The Challenge we have going on at Catch The Bug Challenge Blog, our Bugaboo stamps blog. Hope you have a GREAT week!! Check back tomorrow for New Release Tuesday if you can. THANKS for your visit!!!
{HUGZ}
Jodi

8 comments:

Danni said...

Oh, I hadn't seen this image before, LOVE it!! What a wonderful card! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Deconstructing Jen said...

This is so cute!!

Catherine said...

What a delicious card Jodi ! I agree with you Poppy is really cute ! Smiles from Catherine

whoistracy said...

This is so sweet Jodi! I love the tiny brads in the corners.

Magis said...

Красивая открытка!!!

the whimsical butterfly said...

Jodi this is ADORABLE!!! I love it! I just got that image from WPK too and can't wait to play with it-beautiful work!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful card.

Michelle Gotoh Bertuzzi said...

My son's first reaction to this was "I love that girl"! Lovely card, the slightly distressed edges of the card base looks fabulous!