Friday, March 12, 2010

Unity Friday Flair with a Sketch

Hello and Happy Friday!!!
I'm so glad you came to visit today. If you just happened upon my blog you should go to the Unity Blog to see the list of participants for Friends with Flair. One of those blogs has a special blinkie, and if you leave a comment there you could win 25 random Unity stamps.

I have a card to share based on Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge( MTSC64) using a classic, wood mounted Unity tree. I never used to use sketches for my cards but lately I've really liked using them.



I am still loving this Basic Grey Origins paper and thought it would be great with this stamp. I was reading my latest PaperCrafts Magazine yesterday and saw so many cards with buttons that I decided to pull out my stash. I colored one of the clear buttons with a yellow copic marker and left the other 3 clear. Then I stamped the tree on 3 different patterned papers to put behind those buttons.



Hope you like it. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!! Mine will be spent watching lots of March Madness College Basketball....I'm a huge fan and have it on already. I will hopefully sneak some crafting in while I watch.
THANKS for the visit, {HUGZ}
Jodi

card supplies
patterned paper- Basic Grey Origins
cardstock-coordinating cardstock pack from DIE CUTS R US
stamp-Unity
ink-versafine
clear buttons-Autumn Leaves
colored buttons-craft supply
pearls-kaisercraft
die tags-spellbinders
border punch-fiskars
color medium-chocolate atyou spica marker(used for outlining)

20 comments:

Stephanie Zito said...

Jodi!!!!! Wow! Incredible! Love those big clear buttons! Your card is stunning! Have a great weekend!

Anita said...

I love the way you used buttons here...so fabulous!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Oh I love this!!!

Kelly Landers said...

How gorgeous!

Jenny said...

So cute, love the buttons! :)

BonnieRose said...

so so pretty!

JenMarie said...

ACK~ I love love LOVE this!!

Becky Carafa said...

Love the buttons and your layering, so beautiful!

Angie Blom said...

Oh this is stunning. love what you did with the sketch.

lynn said...

i have to try coloring my clear buttons with copics-never thought to try that--tfs, jodi!

love your card and its design!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Love this--great idea;) Thanks for sharing!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

What a gorgeous button tree!

Robynccgirl said...

This is great! Love those buttons!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

Oh this is totally fabulous! LOVE it. Love the colors and the paper and the buttons..it is just amazing!

Morissa Sweeney (SCS - stampinsweeney) said...

DP and buttons! How cute!

Sheryl said...

Love that button tree...beautiful card!

Jen said...

Gorgeous card Jodi! Such happy refreshing colors and those buttons looks awesome!

Melissa Sauls said...

Hi Jodi! Thanks so much for the VERY sweet comment on my blog. I was thrilled to come and visit yours and see all your beautiful work!!!! Can't wait to see more. :)

Dragonlady said...

Hi Jodi

Must have missed this one. Love the button tree such a fab idea and it works really well.

Hugs Ali x

Sarah said...

This card makes me happy!