Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Sugar Bowl

This week I decided to do a Challenge on The Sugar Bowl Sugar Nellie Challenge Blog for the first time. I saw this image a few months ago and just fell in love with it. So, when I saw their challenge this week I thought it would be perfect for this amazing stamp (DAISY). You can get to their challenge blog by clicking here. Here is the sketch for this challenge and it is to be used along with making a Shabby Chic style project.



So, here is my card....what do you think?? I LOVE making this kind of card and would like to do it every day, but they take me so long!! I am not the fastest cardmaker to begin with so I did this in 2 steps. I colored the image yesterday and put it all together today. The Dp here are the Prima Indeed line (love it!). I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist on every part of the card except the stamped image. On the purple areas I used timeless lilac and on the rest I used dazzling diamonds(my 2 favorites). It is very hard to see any glimmer on this very cloudy day here.I also used 2 different things on the edges to soften/distress. Some areas have white pigment ink and for some I used my BV08 Copic marker.

I am so happy you stopped in to see my card with this beautiful image from Sugar Nellie, a Scottish Rubber Stamp Company.....they have a lot of adorable images that are only available here .
Hope to see you again soon!!!
{HUGZ}
Jodi

card supplies
cardstock-Bazzill
Design Paper-Prima Indeed
glitter paper-DCWV
stamp-Sugar Nellie Daisy
Ink-Memento
2 tag dies-Spellbinders
circle scallop die-Quickutz
border punch-Fiskars
coloring medium-Copic Markers, White Smooch
glimmer mist-Tattered Angels
bling(square)-Bazzill
flowers and flower bling-CTMH
lace trim-craft supply

2 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful card - you really got that shabby chic look. I love the image and the purples and lilacs
Lsa ;)

Juls said...

so very very gorgeous!! Hugs Juls