Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ready for Spring with a yellow dress!

Today I have a card I made for 2 challenges. The first is a Sketch Challenge at Die Cuts R Us and the 2nd is at Crazy 4 Challenges called It's all about Texture!, To create a project using at least 3 different textures.

Here is the sketch created by Lori from the Die Cuts R Us Design Team.


As I was looking through some old stamps I found this set of dresses, I have no idea who they are made by, so if any of you have an idea please let me know so I can give them credit. It is a set of 10 dresses on hangers. I have not used them much before, but now that I am using Copics they are lots of fun to color!!! I flipped the sketch to the side, used a Cuttlebug embossing folder on the dress mat and the scalloped pieces, added ribbon and a bow (made with the Bow- easy....LOVE it!!) and then made the flower using this tutorial I found on Lord Have Mercy! Click here to check it out.



THANKS for taking a look at my yellow dress card!! It reminds me of my Senior prom dress, though now that I think of it...it snowed that night, a big snow storm in May!! It's not the only snow I remember in May here in Wisconsin.
See you tomorrow for some Unity Friends With Flair.
{HUGZ}
Jodi

card supplies
paper-Basic Grey Origins and Coordinating cardstock from Die Cuts R Us
Stamp-??
ink-Memento
cutting die-spellbinders scalloped rectangle and flower die used for paper flower
embossing folder-Cuttlebug
border punch- Martha Stewart
coloring medium-Copic Markers
ribbon and brad from craft supply

8 comments:

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Beautiful card!! I love the yellow & green!! The origins paper is so yummy!! Great job with the sketch!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at DCRU!!
Sheri
DCRU DT

Gwen said...

Beautifully done, Jodi! Love your papers and your image. Pretty paper flower too. Snow on prom? Not good. It rained on one of mine. Must be the hair gods out to punish us...hehehe.

Smiles!
Gwen

Dragonlady said...

Hi Jodi

What a fabulous card, and all the textures are great.

Hugs Ali x

margie c said...

Gorgeous card, Jodi! I adore that stamp, my sister has it, I'll try to remember to ask her tomorrow :)
Beautiful papers too!

hugs, margie

Cara said...

So pretty, Jodi and I love your paper flower! Great take on the DCRU sketch!
Cara DCRU DT

the whimsical butterfly said...

Ok, I am SERIOUSLY loving this-that GORGEOUS flower, WOW! This has got to be one of my fave cards from you ever! Beautiful!!!

LORi said...

LOVE it all!!! So happy you shared with DCRU this week!!

HUGS - LORi

Amber said...

Wowzers! LOVE your card Jodi. The dress image is so elegant. I love your flower! I'm so addicted to this BG Origins paper at the moment: )
DCRU Hugs
Amber