Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday Full Of Flair

Hi,
I am still LOVING this Basic Grey Origins, I just can't get enough!!! Last week I pulled out one of my Unity wood mounted stamps to work with and that really started something. I've been looking at all of them with plans to come. Their large thin wood mounted stamps are actually the entire reason I was drawn to Unity in the first place, along with their unique handles that go along with them. I saw some new wood mounted stamps for sale so if you have never used Unity's you should really try them, they are very different than any other wood mount you will find and you don't have to buy their handles, but they do work better with them. This stamp is Scrappy Flower(I think??...I will check).



I paper pieced the leaves and flower. For the flower I added an extra layer underneath to add a little more dimension and for a little bit of the patterned paper flower look I like so much right now. All papers are Basic Grey Origins except for 2 coordinating pieces of prism cardstock.

If you just happened upon my blog today you should head over to the Unity Blog Here to see a list of all of their participants. One person will have a blinkie on their blog, and if you leave a comment there, you have a chance to win 25 random Unity stamps.

They are saying our nice, nice weather here will be over and we will get cold and maybe some more snow this weekend. I hope you are in a nice and sunny place and have a GREAT weekend. As for me, this is my favorite weekend of the year. The 1st weekend of the big NCAA college basketball tournament. I LOVE to see the under dogs beat the big guys(which has already happened 3 or 4 times yesterday)....except,of course, if it is my team. That's what I'll be doing, so the weather doesn't really matter anyway!!!
See you soon!!
{HUGZ}
Jodi

card supplies
paper-Basic Grey Origins
cardstock-prism
stamp-Unity
border punch-Fiskars
ink-versafine

19 comments:

Stephanie Zito said...

Beautiful card Jodi! I think I may have to get that stamp! Thanks for the inspiration! Have a wonderful weekend!

Sparkly Pink Star said...

beautiful card!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesomeness!!

JenMarie said...

Oh so CUTE!!!

lynn said...

gorgeous card, jodi!-i love those papers!

Kelly Landers said...

Oh how cute!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Beautiful!

Angie Blom said...

beautiful card, love that stamp.

Jenny said...

Lovely card!!!!!!! Have a FAB Friday and enjoy your weekend xx

BonnieRose said...

love that big flower.. ur card is amazing!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Very pretty Jodi!!!

Martha said...

adorable, its so cute.

Jen said...

Oooh, I like that stamp and I don't have it! *smile* Jodi, this is FABulous, and that line of paper works great with this image. The great scallops on your edges bring out the shape of the flower...lovely dearie! Have a wonderful weekend watching basketball!

Amy said...

I love that paper too! What a cute card that is!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Great card--the DP is so pretty! TFS:)

dahlhousedesigns said...

beautiful card.

lisa a.

JazzyH said...

Very pretty!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

what a great card- I need to remember to use my Unity for some paper piecing too!

the whimsical butterfly said...

WOW! I LOVE this! Great flower-love that 'scrappy' look-you did an amazing job on this!