Monday, February 22, 2010

H{ippity} Hop Monday with Taylored Expressions

Happy H[ippity} Hop Monday!!! I have one card to share today, using my new {ippity} set Just Wanted to Say. I've loved this set for it's beauty and versatility ever since I saw it, and now thanks to Jen (She's an {ippity} chick and you can find her at Jen's Cup of Creations) and her awesome blog candy I get to play with this set myself.

When I saw what was happening over at Taylored Expressions I knew this was the perfect set for that project. So I decided to do their sketch Challenge too, here is the sketch to use for inspiration....



My card has the beautiful frame and Thinking of you stamp from the {ippity} set mentioned above. The dragonfly stamp is from Unity's Oct 2009 Kit where ever you go. The rest of the supplies are from the February 2010 Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients except for the bling (doodlebug) and the black scalloped cardstock strip (Bazzill). The ingredients this month are black and white (which I LOVE) with some complimentary colors that pop. The colors to "pop" are beautiful and I can't wait to play with it a little more. Hope you like what I came up with.





The dragonfly is on my card for a special reason. Taylored Expressions is having a dragonfly card drive for parents that have suffered the loss of a newborn child. When I was in college I worked as a nursing assistant in a birthing center, and I have helped take care of some families suffering this loss. I think this card drive is a wonderful idea and if you would like to know more about it you can click here to get to their blog.
THANKS for coming over on this Monday, have a FABULOUS week and I hope to see you soon.
{{HUGZ}}
Jodi

21 comments:

Lisa H. said...

really pretty, Jodi! love the green and pink, and nice work with the sketch!

BonnieRose said...

such a beautiful card.. i love that set too. I use it a lot!

Jen said...

Jodi, you created fabulously with the stamp set! I love the green and pink, the layers, and especially the reason you made this card! Thanks for the inspiration Jodi!

Kelly Landers said...

I decided to play along with this card drive too and it sure feels good to help out in some way! I love your card!! You did a great job and it will surely bring comfort to someone who is grieving!

Stephanie said...

Wow! Gorgeous Jodi! Great job on the sketch and for such a wonderful cause! Have a wonderful day!

Taylor VanBruggen said...

Absolutely lovely! Thanks so much for donating to the card drive! Know that your handiwork will be a blessing to someone in need!

Banu said...

Very Pretty :) Loved it.

Andrea said...

super cute!

Bogner's said...

That dragon fly you used is beautiful! Love your card.

Susan said...

Very pretty! Thanks for bringing this card drive to our attention.

Bogner's said...

That dragon fly you used is beautiful! Love your card.

Dragonlady said...

Hi Jodi

This is beautiful and the dragonfly is gorgeous.

Hugs Ali x

lynn said...

lovely card for such a great cause, jodi!

dahlhousedesigns said...

Great card! Love the colors!

lisa a.

JenMarie said...

Lovely!

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Such a beautiful dragonfly!

sewingseeds4U said...

What a pretty card. I love the striking color combo, especially on the dragonfly. It does feel good to help even in a small way.

Eryn Hagen said...

what a special card...LOVE it!

Donna said...

so pretty! so glad you can participate!

jennifer mitten said...

Beautiful card with a wonderful message.

the whimsical butterfly said...

What a beautiful card for a wonderful Cause! Adore this, Jodi!