Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday Friends With FLAIR with some Artful Inkables

Hello and welcome to my Friends with flair contribution on this last Friday of February 2010, where does the time go???!!! If you just happened upon my blog today or are new to Friends With Flair Friday you should start by checking out the Unity blog here. There you will find a list of todays blogs with beautiful eye candy and it will tell you how you could win 25 Unity random stamps. If you find the special blinkie on someones blog be sure to leave a comment and you will have a chance to win.

My 1st card uses the tree stamp from Unity's Welcome Little Sprout set. I paper pieced the tree and also made it longer so it would fit right with the little scene I wanted to make. To do that I just stamped the trunk a few extra times, then cut it out, trimmed some of the pieces and glued them together. The reading girl and the sentiment stamp are from the Think Big set by Artful INKables and I created this card for their Think Ink Challenge#14 Naughty or Nice.... this card is nice.

Papers are Making Memories Garden Party line, the girl is colored with Copics and the small tag for the sentiment is from Spellbinders.




My 2nd card uses stamps from Unity's new Feb KOTM {Nothing but Blue Skies}. I LOVE this kit!!! It has SO MANY GREAT sentiments, I know I will find many uses for them for a very long time!!

Here the cardstock is Bazzill, Bling is from CTMH and the image is colored with my Copics. The Dp is Basic Grey's June Bug line, border punch is Martha Stewart and dies are Spellbinders.



THANK YOU for coming to see my creations, these two were lots of fun to make. I really appreciate your kind comments and I apologize if I do not make it around to your blogs every week. Today it may not be so easy because my daughter is off from school and I don't like to spend our time on the computer. Hopefully I will be able to get around to everyone over the weekend at least...we'll see. I am always amazed at the inspiration I get from all of the AMAZING projects you all come up with!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
{{BIG HUGZ}}
-Jodi

17 comments:

BonnieRose said...

wonderful cards!

Kelly Landers said...

Oh those Little Sprout trees made the perfect spot for the little girl to read on! Love that!! Both cards are great!

the whimsical butterfly said...

WOW! BOTH of these are darling, Jodi! I love the little girl reading-that is an image my DD would love to have! And your Unity card is awesome-what a cute little birdie and great layout!

Katy said...

Great cards. I love the paper piecing on the first card, the trees are the perfect background for the little girl reading. So sweet!

Stephanie Zito said...

Beautiful cards Jodi! Have a wonderful weekend!

Morissa Sweeney (SCS - stampinsweeney) said...

Love how you did this! Beautiful!

Eva said...

These are gorgeous cards!!!

Rona said...

really cute - love the colors

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

These are both great jodi love how you did your first card with the girl!!

Martha said...

so cute!

Catherine said...

Love the paper piecing on the tree! Two fab cards! TFS!

Robynccgirl said...

Great cards! Love the colors!

lynn said...

love your paper piecing, and the girl reading!

Jen said...

Oh my gosh Jodi, that tree looks fabulous on your card...I have to go ink mine up soon! Both of these cards are soooo cute...and I used that birdie today too! Have a fantastic weekend!

Angie Blom said...

beautiful. love that you used the tree image for your background.

Lisa F said...

great cards - love how you used the tree in the first

mdog said...

The cards are adorable.