Monday, February 15, 2010

Artful Inkables Think INK Sketch Challenge #13

Today I decided to try a sketch challenge from Artful Inkables. I really liked the sketch when I first saw it, but when I pulled out the three sets of Artful Inkable Stamp Sets that I have I was having a hard time coming up with a card for this sketch.....I'm not sure why.? So, eventually I decided on using different stamps that I had planned and also decided to make a bookmark instead of a card. Here is the sketch


I've actually wanted to make a bookmark ever since I got these stamps, for my favorite all time book saga (and maybe some of yours too), Twilight. Here is how it turned out.




This bookmark is wider than the "standard" bookmark, but I like them that way. First, I must apologize for the very poor picture. I finished this at night and just could not get anything that looked well even with my Ott Light(that usually works for me).I actually ended up using all 3 sets of Artful Inkable stamps that I have on this. The books stamp is from the Think Big set, the sentiment and fangs are from Fictionally Inspired and the feathers paper pieced on the top book are from Into the Moonlight.
I used my set of I {HEART} Twilight Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist that I won back in November, which I love ,and helps it shimmer and shine.....but I think that also made the picture more difficult at night, it really is beautiful in person. I may try taking another picture during daylight. So , the red papers are white cardstock covered in Candy Apple Red Glimmer Mist. The red printed paper and the black and white paper are from Making Memories. The books and feather images are colored with Copics. Instead of tearing the bottom piece of paper I chose to use a Martha Stewart Border Punch and the square dies are from Spellbinders.
I stamped the fangs in red ink after I sprayed the cardstock with glimmer mist, hope you can see that. Then when everything else was done, I sprayed the entire bookmark with Dazzling Diamonds glimmer mist, can you tell that I LOVE that stuff???
Well, I hope you like my little bookmark. I know I will get a lot of use out of it. THANK YOU so much for stopping here, I really appreciate it. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead of you.

{{HUGZ}}
-Jodi

2 comments:

the whimsical butterfly said...

What a fantastic bookmark! I have those AI stamps and never thought to make myself one for the 3x I've read the series LOL! GREAT idea, Jodi!

Michelle (sf9erfan) said...

This is PERFECT!! Great job!