Friday, February 12, 2010

Another Unity Friday Full of Flair!!!

Welcome to my friends with Flair and other fellow stampers, Thanks so much for visiting today. I have one card to share with you today that has some beautiful Unity stamps on it. I also used the sketch from this weeks Taylored Expressions sketch Challenge.


To create my card I used Taylored Expressions January Key Ingredients for all of my papers. Included in that kit are the Basic Grey Nook & Pantry Dp. The sentiment and image stamps used are from Unity's The Artist In You set by Donna Downey. Here is how it turned out.


I took this image at night with my Ott Light and just couldn't get a great picture. I usually have the problem of my sparkle not showing but here I have the opposite. I heat embossed the image by stamping first with Versamark Dazzle in Champagne, Then I used Chocolate Sparkle embossing powder by Sparkle & Sprinkle. As you can tell it has LOTS of sparkle....which I love, but it does look much better in person. I also used spellbinders dies for the large rectangles, and a quickutz die for the scalloped circle. On the bottom of the striped paper I used a Martha Stewart border punch.
If you haven't been to the Unity blog yet you should start there to see the list of all of the friends with flair, click here to get there.
One of the blogs will have a special blinkie and if you leave a comment there you could win 25 random Unity stamps, so be sure to visit all of the participants.

Thank you for visiting today, I hope you liked my creation. I will be back tomorrow as a part of the Stamping Bella LOVE ME DO blog hop. It should be lots of fun so be sure to stop back again.
Have an awesome weekend!!!
{{HUGZ}}
-Jodi

16 comments:

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous card Jodi! Love all the layers! Have a wonderful weekend!

BonnieRose said...

your card is stunning.. love the look!

sewingseeds4U said...

What a soft, pretty card. Love the tree stamp and how you used the paper. Beautiful.

Martha said...

beautiful card, love it.

JenMarie said...

Oh how absolutely GORGEOUS!!

lynn said...

i love the colors you picked for the card, jodi!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

this is so beautiful! TFS!

מימס mimms said...

cute card !

Robynccgirl said...

Beautiful!Love the embossed tree!

stampjourney said...

So pretty with the sparkles!

Purple Princess said...

Wow! Your card is stunning!!

dahlhousedesigns said...

Great card, love how you used the sketch!

lisa a.

the whimsical butterfly said...

Beautiful card, Jodi! I love your take on Taylor's sketch and that embossing is so pretty!!!

Andrea said...

love those stamp sets!

Catherine said...

Beautiful! Love the papers, layout and sparkle on this!

Jen said...

I always love the way embossing looks on a card, especially like yours...the tree says it all! Great inspiration Jodi, TFS! (and, yes, I'm still catching up on the hops) *smile*