Thursday, January 21, 2010

...Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #57 (MTSC57)

This week I decided to try out my first Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge. On January 1st I was lucky enough to get one of the limited supply stamp sets Happy Day by The Greeting Farm. Oliver and Amelia are Anya & Ian's new friends that will be officially released in March 2010. Well, my daughter is a HUGE American Girl Doll fan and these stamps look VERY similar to her Bitty Baby twins (actually Quadruplets, 2 boys & 2 girls...thanks to birthday, Grandma & Santa 2 years ago) that she LOVES and plays with ALL THE TIME!!! I decided it was time to go out of my element and make a boy card and I used this sketch as a guide to do that.
Here I used papers from My Mind's Eye, colored the image with Copics, used a Fiskars border punch, the dinosaur is Quickutz and other cutting dies are Spellbinders.
I didn't put a sentiment on the front of the card but thought it would make a nice boy birthday card, with the sentiment on the inside.

I hope you like my contribution to my 1st Mercy's sketch challenge, it was a fun card to make. I LOVE these sweet new friends of Anya and Ian and can't wait to show you how I've colored up Amelia. I also have a layout page in the works with the 4 dolls and 4 images....again, reliving my not-so girly girl childhood.

THANK YOU for checking out my creation and I am curious to know what you think of him.
Until next time,
Jodi

1 comment:

Mercy said...

jodi...this is so cute! you've done such an amazing job with the sneak TGF image!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done a great job! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy