Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's Tart & Tangy Tuesday with The Rusty Pickle Digital Delights Design Team!!

Hello and happy Tuesday!! I'm so happy to be doing my 1st Tart and Tangy Tuesday with The Rusty Pickle Digital Delights Design team!! The challenge this week is to make a card with a Rusty Pickle Digital Image and also use the colors Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue. These colors are from Stampin Up! and if you don't have them you can use whatever you have that is closest, which is what I needed to do. After my 3 years with Close To My Heart I have cardstock that I tried to match. Here is what I came up with as an example....


My image is called a Castle For Any Princess and I fell in love with it right away!!! It's so different than other stamp image castles I've seen, so I had to have it right away. With the colors this week I decided to make a little scene with a blue sky and a green rolling meadow. The green is actually cut from a Quickutz cloud border die that I flipped and made into grass.
The blue sky is embossed with a cuttlebug folder for texture and the tag is a Quickutz die also. I colored my image with Copics and Atyou Spica glitter markers and some of the parts are paper pieced with the pink paper covered with the glitter markers. It sparkles much better in person.
The two word stamps are Unity, the flocked rub on is Heidi Swapp and the rectangle tags are spellbinders.

THANKS so much for stopping by today!! Be sure to head over to the other Design Team Blogs that I have listed over to the right. You can also go to the Rusty Pickle shop and pick up an image or a freebie so you can compete in this weeks challenge to win an image (there is a Design Team list there too). Click HERE to get to the store.

Hope you will join in with our challenge this week!! I can't wait to see what you create!! If you have any questions you can always email me, I have that link at the top middle of my blog. Have a great day and good luck in the challenge!!!

Jodi

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Jodi, this is amazing...what a great idea!! I love it!

Primitive Paper said...

Jodi, your "grass" on this sweet little card is just so creative. I would have never thought to do that but I am going to try it. Thanks for theh inspiration girl. You rocked this one sista!!!! Glad to be working with you at the RP. Tracy

Dragonlady said...

Hi Jodi,

This is a beautiful card for a Princess, love the scene you have made.

Hugs Ali x

Rachel said...

OMGosh!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! you totally rocked this castle image Jodi!!!
hugs,
Rachel

Kim R. said...

SO CREATIVE!! I love this. The castle is colored so nicely. You really did a nice job!!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Jodi you totally rocked your creation for Tart and Tangy!!! I am totally loving this creation!!!!

I have wanted to use that Castle for a long time but have not broken out and used it yet wonderful idea for a new baby!!!

Heather