Sunday, January 10, 2010

DIE CUTS R US Color Challenge

This afternoon as I was checking my blog dashboard list of blogs I came across one announcing a Design Team Call for the store DIE CUTS R US. I knew I had been to the store and Design Team Blog before and remember seeing some beautiful, inspirational projects. So I saw this great color challenge and decided to try it.... and I liked it so much I even decided to apply for the Design Team. I use most of the items they sell regularly and I love them all. The challenge is to take inspiration from the colors they use in their banner below and to create something based on that inspiration.

Die Cuts R Us

Here is what I created. I took a look in my stash after looking at the colors and found this paper from an old kit I still had, all of the paper is Collage Press. I used the new Chelsea Wild Sprout from The Greeting Farm and colored her with copics and atyouSpica glitter markers. When I finished coloring I decided I wanted to paper piece her dress instead. The sentiment stamp and frame are from Unity. All die cut shapes are Spellbinders.

Thanks for stopping by and have a GREAT week!!
Jodi

6 comments:

the whimsical butterfly said...

Absolutely DARLING Jodi! LOVE that DP and your cute cute chelsea! And that Birdie Inspiration is one of my FAVE Unity sets EVAH! Too cute!

Gwen said...

Ooooo...that paper is perfect for the challenge and what a great vibe. Chelsea from TGF looks right at home amid all those great patterns and colors. Your card ROCKS! TFS this with us at DCRU.

Smiles!
Gwen DT@DCRU

margie c said...

What a sweet card! Love Chelsea and the sentiment is perfect!

Thanks for playing along with us at DCRU! Good luck :)

hugs, margie

Cara said...

Hi, Jodi! Such a cute card!! Good luck with your DT entry!!
Cara DCRU DT

LORi said...

Super Duper cute!!!

DCRU Hugs - LORi

Amber said...

Oh how adorable Jodi! Love the little image! And the shade of purple you used is just beautiful!
So happy you joined us at DCRU!
Amber *DCRU DT*